Our SENDirect service is a website where families of children with disabilities or special educational needs can search for and compare accessible support, activities and services.
By allowing families to review services and share recommendations with others, SENDirect connects families looking for services that meet their childrens' needs.
SENDirect allows families to:
- search for and compare support, activities and services
- filter their results by what is important to them
- talk to providers and negotiate adapted activities for their child online
- buy support and equipment online, or authorise others to do so on their behalf
- share information about their child and send 'wish lists' of different services they like to people they trust
- 'pin' information they will want to see again to their dashboard (account page)
- review services and share recommendations with other families.
We launched SENDirect in partnership with eight other disability charities so that families can make informed decisions about the types of services they need for their child.
We want SENDirect to help create different and better services. We look at what families are searching for and how they are reviewing things. If they aren't finding the right support or are unhappy with what is available in their area, we will:
- tell local commissioners what support or activities families need that aren't available
- tell people who provide support what families say would make them better, and what else families need from them
- help businesses understand what they need to do to make better services for more families, and exactly how much this could be worth to them so they can make changes
- support providers to change the way they work so it is easier to adjust services to suit every family's needs.